4 Gardiner Street – Brunswick
Working with people who have survived extremes of violence and who face all the challenges of settlement or finding permanent safety creates serious challenges for the worker. Vicarious trauma, burnout and other forms of secondary suffering are an ongoing threat to workers’ well-being and their capacity to work sustainably.
In this workshop you will add substantially to your understanding of the risks involved and you will experience and learn embodied practices for self-care and self-compassion.
- Neurobiology of self-care & self-compassion
- Scienti c rationale for somatic & mindfulness based practices
- Understanding the risks of your work
- Ethics of self-care
- Mindfulness practices
- Embodied self-compassion practices
- Breath, movement & rhythm based practices
- Compassion as resiliency practices
03 9389 8965 or email@example.com
TO REGISTER visit http://learn.foundationhouse.org.au